List ten songs you’re loving right now
- Blown Away – Carrie Underwood: Okay, this one has a wonderful dark story where a daughter escapes her father’s abuse by leaving him to die when a twister comes. The music video is fantastic, you can watch it here.
- Church Bells – Carrie Underwood: This song has another wonderful murder story as I can’t seem to get away from those. A woman ends her husband’s abuse by poisoning him.
- People Like Us – Kelly Clarkson: This is a fantastic upbeat song that reminds you there even if your most isolated hour, you’re not alone. There’s something unique about “misfits” that’s beautiful. Also, another amazing video you can watch here.
- Long Shot – Kelly Clarkson: Another upbeat song that helps you power through by just saying in short something along the lines of “There’s a risk, but we’re going to regret it if we don’t take it”.
- Dance with the Devil – Breaking Benjamin: For me, this one gets me in the mood to write dancing scenes with three characters. I love the story and imagery with this one. I haven’t watched the video, so someone will have to tell me how it is.
- Evil Angel – Breaking Benjamin: Another lovely song for imagery and writing! I love imagining an angel perceived as evil that actually ends the suffering of people.
- Bring Me to Life – Evanescence: Okay, for Evanescence, this one is a staple! The video is well done,and you can watch it here. The song also has a pretty darkness to it that I can’t get enough of.
- Imaginary – Evanescence: This is a another storyteller imagery-filled song that gets me in the mood to create new worlds! While this does have a darkness, one can get lost in the lyrics filled with a sort of hazy trance.
- Over You – Daughtry: Another story song with a man overpowering negative emotions and moving on from a woman who’s wronged him. Honestly, I don’t think there’s enough of these done the right way.
- It’s Not Over – Daughtry: This last song is an imagery filled one that’s empowering to think even if you or you and your partner didn’t do something right in the relationship, there’s a chance to correct it if you’re willing to give all the effort you can.
Okay, y’all, that’s my list of songs I’m loving at the moment. I listen to them repeatedly, and I love the images they conjure up! I hope you enjoy! I avoided holiday songs to be more inclusive. Let me know down below what songs are on your playlist!