Thank you so much to Cherylene for nominating me for this award! I promised her I’d get the post up tonight so she wouldn’t be kept waiting. With that, let’s get started!
The rules of this award:
- Acknowledge blog who nominated you and display award
- Answer 11 questions the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs
- Notify them of the nomination
- Give them 11 questions to answer
Questions asked of me:
- What was your favorite cartoon tv show growing up? I’d have to say the classic Tom and Jerry was an absolute favorite growing up. That and Yu-Gi-Oh were fantastic cartoons I remember watching with my brother. I still watch them today on occasion.
- What motivates you the most? My love for what I do and desire to have a career that doesn’t feel soul draining every day are the things that motivate me most. Being able to create is a beautiful ability in human beings, and it should be explored by everyone.
- What’s your favorite food? Cinnamon rolls are my favorite because they remind me of holiday breakfasts, Christmas in particular. I like to drizzle on the frosting!
- If you could be any animal which one would you be? It may sound plain, but dogs are adorable, loyal, and just wonderful creatures for existing. If I had to pick a breed, I’d choose a Siberian Husky to retain a look of my wild ancestors but still be domestic enough to like humans.
- What tourist attraction would you recommend in your country? I’m a water girl, so I’d tell you to go to Noah’s Ark in the Wisconsin Dells. That’s the one I know of, but there are other great ones in the country like the White House, Mount Rushmore, Yellowstone National Park, etc.
- What annoys you the most about people? I have to clench back the temptation to point out when someone makes a stupid or rash comment without holding back or thinking about the setting they’re in. I experience it almost daily in college.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? CANADA! I’d love to see Niagra Falls, and it’s not too far away from the familiar. If I wanted a culture shock, I’d say England would be another place I’d love to live. I’d love to hear more about these countries if anyone lives or has ever been to either of them.
- If you ran a race against four non-athletes you would probably place – 1st, 2nd, third or fourth? Against four non-athletes, I’d probably place 3rd or 4th because I think I’m relatively slow, and I’m not too fond of running.
- What’s your favorite dessert? This one’s hard because I have a terrible sweet tooth, and now I want chocolate. I’d say some chocolate cheesecake or ice cream are at the top of my list. Favorites change on the regular, so it’s hard to pick.
- What one quality in a partner is non-negotiable for you? Loyalty. I have to know I’m able to trust you when I’m not around, so being unfaithful is probably one of, if not, the worst thing you can do to shatter a relationship with me.
- What type of music do you prefer? When it comes down to it, I come back to country music. I listen to many other genres, but there’s something about Carrie Underwood that always makes me feel at home and safer than the rest.
- I’m learning how to write with my non-dominant hand.
- I like doing dishes, something about a small repetitive task that makes things cleaner.
- Even though I cannot stand Grammarly commercials, I use the app/program every day. It does help to have an extra set of eyes so to speak, but I also love the rules of the English language. Learn them!
- I love video games including Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Sword Art Online, and Devil Survivor. Hand-held systems are what I play most often at the dorm, but I do enjoy Pokken Tournament and Assassin’s Creed.
- A full moon and certain songs put me in a trance if they hit me the right way, then I’m out of it for anywhere from a few moments to several minutes of staring off into space.
- I get frustrated when I’m counting change I’ve saved up and the total ends in a nine or a four. Then I have to go looking for an extra penny.
- Speaking of coins, I save foreign coins and wheat pennies along with the Oklahoma, Texas, and Tennessee state quarters.
- I collect feathers and journals as well.
- I sleep with my jewelry on, which includes four bracelets, (one of the left, three on the right), two rings (one on each third finger), and a pewter feather necklace.
- I don’t like wearing necklaces with short chains and would much rather have something that dangled over my heart or in the valley of my breasts. Longer chains are fine too, but I don’t see them often enough to have many.
- I plan 90% of my writing in my head, and most of what’s on the blog is what you might consider a first draft.
My nominees are:
- Little Pictures Big Thoughts
- Write Through the Night
- In the Abstract
- The Artist of Dreams
Questions for You:
- What is it that you love most about writing/blogging?
- If you could master any skill instantly, what would it be?
- If you could live in a fictional world, which would you choose?
- What book do you remember most from childhood?
- What’s the best book you’ve read in the past year?
- What’s the hardest part about writing/blogging?
- If you could create one piece of technology, what would it be?
- What are three of your hobbies?
- What are your top three pet peeves?
- If you had to pick one book to read for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If you’re at a bookstore, which section do you check out first?
I hope you enjoy my tidbits as well as the questions I came up with. Feel free to weigh in with your thoughts in the comments and let me know what you think. Until then, happy reading!